Wednesday 28 August 2013

Those Pesky CSIRO Reports

I have had an opportunity to examine the link to the CSIRO documents that were placed on the shire website last week and I am appalled by what is there. The shire have tricked me again!

I was elated, thinking that the shire really had placed the Leeuwin Ward Planning Day and CSIRO reports on the website.

In good faith I have been giving the link address to enquirers and only now I realise my mistake. It appears that one large unsearchable image file has been produced from seven very accessible and searchable text files.

Below is a list of the CSIRO files, you will see they amount to around 4.7Mbs, the file on the website is 13.7Mbs. I started to look at it but with a dial-up connection it was hopeless.





Am I misunderstanding this?

Why would the shire do this?

Can anyone help me out with this? Suggest a plausible reason?

I am sending this post to Mr Evershed, as it’s only fair to give him an opportunity to respond. I have no wish to mislead the public or in any way spread rumours that might suggest inefficiency at the shire.
But remember computing resources cost money, our money, and personnel time spent converting a data file into an image format cost money, our money.


No comments:

Post a Comment