Thursday 29 August 2013

The Bussleton Blog!


What a contrast there is between our shire’s reaction to social media this past week and the proactive engagement with the community that residents of Bussleton apparently receive with the  The Bussleton blog. 

I don’t live in Bussleton and so cannot comment on whether the content of the replies is sound, but the residents do appear to be getting a reply. I have written to my councillors on many occasions, and been ignored. I have written to the CEO and been ignored. I have escalated and eventually received a reply, after 8 months, but sadly the reply was incorrect.

The residents of Bussleton can all read the responses, and disagree if they wish. 
Of course a blog like this would expose the shire to more scrutiny, but they are public servants and must behave as such. We must remind them that open and transparent communication is what democracy requires. 

No comments:

Post a Comment